July 13 >> August 7, 2016
After garnering 11 Helen Hayes Award nominations, Synetic’s 2014 hit is back by popular demand! Set in the Roaring ’20s and inspired by the silent comedy of Keaton and Chaplin, Twelfth Night tells the tale of fraternal twins, Viola and Sebastian, separated in a strange new land. Having survived a shipwreck and believing her brother Sebastian has been lost, Viola falls hopelessly in love with Duke Orsino and disguises herself as a man to enter his services. This production will not have dialogue.
Single tickets are now on sale!
Dance Like a Syneticon!
Sunday, July 24th @ 6 p.m.
Synetic wants to invite YOU to a free dance workshop. Inspired by the roaring 20s, Irina Tsikurishvili’s remarkable Twelfth Night choreography is captivating, zippy, and fun! Learn to Charleston, shimmy, and shake with Twelfth Night Star, Kathy Gordon and Synetic Studio instructor and actor, Chanel Smith. No previous dance experience necessary, all levels welcome! Email tori(at)synetictheater.org to reserve a spot today!
2015 Helen Hayes Awards for Twelfth Night
- Nomination, Outstanding Supporting Actress, Resident Play, Irina Kavsadze, Twelfth Night
- Nomination, The James MacArthur Award for Outstanding Supporting Actor, Resident Play, Irakli Kavsadze, Twelfth Night
- Nomination, Outstanding Lead Actress, Resident Play, Irina Tsikurishvili, Twelfth Night
- Nomination, Outstanding Lead Actor, Resident Play, Ben Cunis, Twelfth Night
- Nomination, Outstanding Sound Design, Resident Production, Thomas Sowers and Konstantine Lortkipanidze, Twelfth Night
- Nomination, Outstanding Lighting Design, Resident Production, Colin K. Bills, Twelfth Night
- Nomination, Outstanding Costume Design, Resident Production, Kendra Rai, Twelfth Night
- Winner, Outstanding Choreography in a Play, Irina Tsikurishvili and Ben Cunis, Twelfth Night
- Nomination, Outstanding Director, Resident Production, Paata Tsikurishvili, Twelfth Night
- Winner, Outstanding Ensemble, Resident Production, Twelfth Night
- Nomination, Outstanding Resident Production, Twelfth Night
“Director Paata Tsikurishvili’s production is creative, entertaining, and oozing with charm.” – Washingtonian Magazine
“Take some parts Shakespeare and a heaping helping of Dancing with the Stars, throw in a good measure of Charlie Chaplin and dashes of Buster Keaton, and out comes a tasteful concoction called Synetic Theater’s Twelfth Night. Turning the story of identical twins Viola and Sebastian into matter for a silent movie, while serving up a rousing good time. ” – Shakespeareances.com
“Truly outstanding…to the tune of a well-deserved standing ovation.” – DC Metro Theatre Arts
“Synetic Theater has come up with a joyous, raucous celebration of love-and jazz” – Broadway World.com
“Layer after luscious layer!” – DC Theatre Scene
“It is indeed thrilling to watch the kinesthetically amazing Synetic Theater… the company dazzles with dances of the 1920s!” – MD Theatre Guide
“Synetic’s Twelfth Night is punctuated with an all out assault by dancers with ebullient polish…pack up all your cares and woe, just go.”- Showbiz Radio.com
“The final effervescent moments of revelry in “Twelfth Night” electrified the audience. As the performers’ feet flew, our spirits soared along with them.” – Critical Dance.org