First and foremost, Synetic is committed to protecting donor data with the utmost discretion. We will never sell donor data under any circumstances.
Furthermore, we work diligently to provide our donors with their preferred communication forms and frequency. Donors who wish to be removed from Synetic mailing lists, email lists, or e-news dissemination lists, donors who would prefer less frequent Synetic communications or contact, or donors who would like their donations listed as Anonymous may request this support at any time by contacting the Development Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Synetic Theater will collect donor data for documentation and donor receipting purposes. This data may include:
- Donor contact information, including name, organization, physical address, phone number, and email address.
- Payment information, including check data or credit card number, expiration date, and security code, as well as any relevant billing information. Please note that Synetic does not store any credit card or checking account information for repeat or future gift processing, though our third-party point of sale system, PatronManager, does but keeps it confidential if requested by the donor. Recurring donations can be set up online or by contacting our Development Department.
- If the gift is in honor or in memory of a third party, the donor may choose to disclose the name and address of the third party for notification purposes. Please note that imparting the name and address of an honoree does not add that person to our donor database, mailing list, or any electronic listserv.
Synetic Theater may collect donor information in the following ways:
- If a donor presents a question in person, by telephone, via e-mail, or in writing, Synetic staff may collect donor information in order to respond to the inquiry.
- If a donor contacts Synetic to make a donation online, via telephone, or in-person, Synetic staff will collect contact and payment information in order to process that donation.
- If a donor is giving an in-kind donation to Synetic, Synetic staff may request or confirm donor information in order to issue a tax receipt to that donor.
- If a donor is attending one of Synetic’s events, Synetic may request registrant and attendee information.
Synetic Theater may utilize donor information in the following ways:
- To thank donors for their donations in writing and to acknowledge donations in relevant publications, such as Synetic’s playbills and website;
- To inform donors about Synetic events, activities, and membership opportunities.
- For internal analysis and record-keeping;
- For reporting to relevant U.S. and State agencies (these reports are not for public inspection);
Synetic Theater credit card transactions may be executed in one of two ways:
- The donor may go to Synetic’s website and make a donation by personally keying in their credit card and billing data, which is then processed through PatronManager (our point-of-sale system), Elavon (our merchant services provider), and Bluefin (our payments gateway).
- The donor may authorize a credit card donation or a purchase by providing Synetic with a credit card number and billing information, by which Synetic can execute a credit card transaction on the donor’s behalf. Synetic will use this information to execute the credit card transaction through PatronManager. Once the gift or purchase is processed, the credit card information will be separated from the information needed to acknowledge the gift or purchase, and the credit card and billing information will be shredded or electronically deleted.
Synetic Theater is committed to securing donor data in the following ways:
- Synetic will not sell or rent donor information to other organizations,. Donor information is confidential.
- Use of donor information is limited to internal gift processing purposes, analysis, and fundraising purposes, at the will and behest of Synetic donors.
- Synetic’s donor database is password-protected, and access is issued solely to Synetic staff.
- Synetic’s PatronManager account is encrypted, with limited and varying data access issued solely to Synetic Theater’s management, audience services, fundraising, education, and accounting staff.
- Synetic maintains an internal policy that any reports, envelopes, mailing labels, or other printed material that feature donor data are shredded rather than discarded.
This policy will be reviewed by the Board of Directors on an annual basis and amended as necessary.