Romeo and Juliet
February 17 >> March 27, 2016
Synetic’s landmark and “enthralling” (The Washington Post) production of Romeo and Juliet returns! In this passionate and lyrical piece, set among the gears of a giant clock, the greatest of Shakespearean lovers race against time itself to outrun their fate. One of the original “wordless Shakespeares”, this production received 6 Helen Hayes Award Nominations and 2 wins, for Outstanding Resident Play and Ensemble. This production will not have dialogue.
LADIES NIGHT OUT – Friday, February 26
Beginning at 7:00 p.m. in the lobby, guests can look forward to a trunk show from Gossip on 23rd, Wine Tasting from Crystal City Wine Shop, and live painting from Gallery Underground! Tickets start at $40 and include that evening’s 8:00 p.m. performance.
2009 Helen Hayes Awards
- Winner, Outstanding Director, Paata Tsikurishvili, Resident Play, Romeo and Juliet
- Winner, Outstanding Ensemble, Resident Play, Romeo and Juliet
- Nomination, Outstanding Choreography, Resident Production, Irina Tsikurishvili, Romeo and Juliet
- Nomination, Outstanding Set Design, Resident Production, Anastasia Ryurikov Simes, Romeo and Juliet
- Nomination, Outstanding Sound Design, Resident Production, Irakli Kavsadze and Konstantine Lortkipanidze, Romeo and Juliet
- Nomination, Outstanding Resident Play, Romeo and Juliet