Call for Resumes: Stage Management, Designer/Technician, and Technician Positions
Location: National Landing, Arlington, VA
Type: Contract or Short-Term Employment
Reports to: Production Manager
Synetic Theater emerged from the creative vision of founders Paata and Irina Tsikurishvili, Georgian artists who moved to the United States in the 1990s. Trained in dance, theatre and film, the Tsikurishvilis combine traditions of the Caucasus with distinctly American styles to tell classic stories through movement, music, technology and visual arts. We produce 3 full-scale productions each season. This listing includes both immediate and projected future needs for the production department.
- Stage Manager (Non-Equity): “The Madness of Poe” beginning August 9th, first rehearsal August 10th, and scheduled to close October 31st (extension possible). Rehearsals are typically scheduled 7 – 11pm during the week and 2pm – 9pm on weekends. Tech begins September 25th, Opens on October 11th. Rate: $4,200 for the entirety of production.
- Sound Engineer/Designer: “The Madness of Poe” tech begins September 25th, opens on October 11th. Please note that the sound designer/engineer will be working alongside the resident composer and that this production contains three (3) speaking roles that will need amplification/mic vocals. Some sound design outside of mic manipulation is anticipated. Engineering needs leading up to tech can be accomplished via flexible scheduling. Attendance at tech is required. Rate: $2,000
Projected Future Needs:
- Overhire Lighting Technicians, Audio (A1, A2), and overhire strike/ load-in crew, $17-22/hour depending upon experience with a four-hour minimum.
- Light Board Programmer, $18-24/hour or Project-based rates between $1,500 $2,400 depending on length of contract to program and run shows for their duration.
- Assistant Stage Manager & Wardrobe, $17-19/hour.
- Rentals Staff: All positions listed above are also in consideration for working rentals with varying needs. Rental rates for production are $18-20/hour.
Housing is not available for these positions.
How To Apply:
To apply, please submit your resume here:
Cover letter is not required, but letting us know why you would be excited to work with Synetic is always a plus!
We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of an individual’s sex, race, color, religion, age, disability, status as a veteran, or national or ethnic origin; nor does Synetic Theater discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity or expression.